Goal for the day:
To create a fun, innovative, impactful and interactive environment where ideas are born, relationships created and perceptions shifted, bringing awareness to the many incredible artists on the Sunshine Coast and of the strong array of talent and resources here to help them and their creative business flourish and succeed.
Date: May _________, 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast Golf & Country Club (likely) Chair: Charlene SanJenko
Cost: TBD Goal: 80 participants!
Agenda Item ACTIVITY Time
1. Networking Lunch Depends on time of day chosen (perhaps but not a forsure)
2. Welcome and Opening Remarks – 10 min. Charlene SanJenko, INfusion coordinator, Linda Williams, Coast Cultural Alliance, Frances Wasserlein, Sunshine Coast Arts Council 10 minutes
3. Who’s Who In the Room Introductions – 30 min. Each participant has 20 seconds to stand up, introduce themselves, their creative business and name the 1 specific thing that would move their creative business forward, referral they are looking for or person they hope to connect with today! 30 minutes
4. Creativity Stimulus Activity – 20 min.
Wendy Crumpler, maxart.com
Wendy is an author, actress, teacher, and mother. She is also a talented production artist, photographer and database genius. 20 minutes
5. CREATIVE CONVERSATIONS
0-20 min Panelists Present Topic, share stories, key learnings and insights
20-40 min Table Conversation
40-50 min Open Mic
50-60 min Closing Comments from Panel Each table of 8 includes 1-2 business experts and 6 artists. Throughout the afternoon we will be lead through three invigorating creative conversations where guest panelists will introduce the topic and frame it with their story or input, we’ll have time to discuss, and then come back together for open mic and Q&A’s before panelists share their closing comments. 1 hour per conversation
Conversation #1 Creative Business Capers
This conversation explores the challenges of marrying your creative work with your business and speaks with those in our community who have done so successfully.
• Marleen Vermeulen – marleenart.com
• Greta Guzak
• Yvonne Stowell, FibreWorks Studio and Gallery
• Mokoto or Paula O’Brien?
• Karen Watson – Creative Coach 1 hour
Who would you like to hear from?
BREAK – 15 min. Stretch/washroom break
PLEASE SIT AT A DIFFERENT TABLE AFTER THE BREAK & MEET SOME NEW PEOPLE – THANKS!
Coffee/tea/snacks available Artists switch tables… biz people don’t
Conversation #2 Creative Business Toolkit
Local business experts on-hand to share ideas, answer questions (participant-driven – PLEASE SEE SURVEY TO COMMENT ON THOSE YOU’D MOST LIKE TO SEE ON THE PANEL AND IN THE ROOM!)
• Social Media
• Marketing Coordination
• Business Development
• Website Design
• Media Relations
• Graphic Design
• Database Management
• Event Management 1 hour
Panelists chosen based on participant input. 5-6 panelists.
WHICH BUSINESS EXPERTS WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO SPEAK WITH, ASK QUESTIONS OF, AND EXCHANGE IDEAS?
Conversation #3 OPPORTUNITIES EXPLORED
Each table explores and discusses an assigned opportunity in an outcomes-focused manner and reports back to the group on their findings, action items, and recommendations. Sample of opportunities to explore:
• The Art Farm – deercrossingtheartfarm.org Chad Hershler
• The Buzz – Vancouver, email@example.com
• City Hostel – Seattle cityhostel.us
• CCA e-Newsletter – Linda Williams
• Weekend markets (tourist season)???
• Art Crawl – October 2010
• Business Awards – (pre-event Champagne Art Reception) – November 2010
• Social Enterprise Camp – April 2011
• Destination Events 1 hour
8. Closing Remarks & Next Steps Some type of activity to pulls everything together and ‘grounds it’ 10 minutes
Your opportunity to meet people you may not otherwise have access to, ask further questions, network, enjoy Can we get some live music for this time? Not necessary if done at beginning
Presented By: INfusion 2010 in partnership with …
Event Partners: Looking! Business Partners: Looking!