Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kirsten Chursinoff art textiles at Crafthouse/CCBC Granville Island

Kirsten Chursinoff- I am pleased to announce my upcoming fabric art show 'Low Tide' opening June 17 at Crafthouse/CCBC Granville Island, Vancouver.

With 'Low Tide' I've focused on the marine creatures found along the coast of British Columbia, especially at low tide, but also plunging a little deeper into our emerald sea - exploring the illustrative qualities of embroidery and art quilting.

While making the pieces for this show, the enormous oil spill kept spreading in the Gulf of Mexico.  I've become increasingly aware of the potential danger if something like this were to happen on our coast.  I plan to execute the final details of my piece 'Not If, But When' during my opening reception June 17, 6-8pm.  Bring your camera!
MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment