Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alex Cieslik, spray painting of Beachcomber's "Relic"


Full article The Province, by Hans Ongsansoy
Alex Cieslik, an artist living in Gibsons, BC.

What mediums do you like working with or in?
I make some paintings using traditional artist's oils and others using spray paint, but I don't consider myself a graffiti artist. Ultimately, art materials are simply a means to an end. It's difficult to put into words, but painting is the best way I have found to communicate certain intangible things. If I could explain it in words, I wouldn't need to spend all that time painting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice video presentation of a nifty piece of artwork. Well done! From a non artistic perspective, I'm glad you chose Relic as your subject as he was an outstanding character - my favourite for sure - on the show.

    ReplyDelete