Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LIfe Drawing in Sechelt, Tuesdays from 10 till 1





I attend the Sechelt Art Centre each Tuesday for Life Drawing from 10 till one. We have fabulous models each week and great natural light flooding in from overhead skylight. People draw with all kinds of mediums including the iPad which I used for  the images above. Easels and chairs are provided. Professional models alternate each week male and female so we get a lively and varied assortment of great models.

Every range is welcome, from beginners to advanced so don't be scared. Just bring your drawing board and clips or sketchpad, papers, anything you wish to draw with and come along. The price is $10 each session if you pay for the month ahead and $15 for drop-in.

For more information, call 885-2860 or 885-4611.

I've been going for the last 3 years since I could get away from work on Tuesday mornings and my drawing has improved enormously. I look at is like a ballet class in a way, an exercise class that trains the eye and the hand.

Please pass this along to anyone you think might enjoy this and I hope we'll see you there soon! You won't regret it and your art, no matter what is is will benefit from the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment