Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pat Crucil - New Work at the Yurts


Exhibition Sept 24 - Oct 30, 2011
Opening reception Sat, Sept 24, 2 - 4 pm
Fibreworks Gallery, Madiera Park

“New Work” by Pat Crucil
Pat Crucil is an artist and teacher who works in fibre.  She has been a juror and judge at several quilt shows.  She is a regular participant in Canadian Quilt Association, Sunshine Coast Arts Centre Invitational Show, Sunshine Coast Quilter’s Guild, Fibre Arts Network, and the Pacific Northwest Quilt Show.

"I have always wanted to be a painter-to be able to express myself, my feelings and my moods, in a visual way.  When I started quilting, I realized that this was my medium that would allow me the freedom and scope I want, without the necessity of mixing paint and producing hard surfaces.  The discovery of surface design, in which I could hand dye and paint fabrics, opened a new and exciting part of the process, that is still challenging me today. Creating moods and feelings by the use of colour and texture in cloth is an on-going source of pleasure to me." – Pat Crucil

No comments:

Post a Comment